16 / 150
22 / 120
1.3 / 0.65
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Fires powerful homing bolts
- Very high range, comparable to that of missiles
- Good recovery/control
- Decent max ammo reserve
- Cannot headshot enemies or deal critical damage
- Projectiles cannot gain the ability to pierce enemies (via the Hyper Accelerator attachment or other means)
- Projectiles are fired at random velocities, making their trajectories difficult to predict
- Projectile seeking is relatively weak, and is not enough to offset loss of accuracy during sustained full-auto fire
- Limited magazine capacity for its class
- Low ammo gain
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With skill, practice, and some time learning how well the projectiles track enemies, it's very possible to shoot around corners with the X512, minimizing risk and reducing your exposure to return fire.
- While the X512 lacks the ability to headshot or deal critical damage, its extreme range makes it an invaluable asset in Hyper Adrenaline mode, allowing kills to be made from well outside the effective range of most weapons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If acquired, Wormhole Mags is a great attachment for conserving ammo, as missed shots are not penalized
- The Drill module for Commando classes does not count missed projectiles from the X512, making the maximum stack of 10 easy to obtain and effectively permanent
- The Assassin's Professional Core also does not count missed projectiles from the X512, making high stacks relatively easy to obtain
- The X512 has fairly poor magazine capacity, so you may wish to focus on increasing this stat. Alternately invest in compensating for its recoil.