The Viking Riotshield is an SMG/Riotshield combination that the Riot Guard starts with. Whilst it has a fairly limited supply of ammo, it can significantly increase survivability early on, at the cost of reduced move speed.
Dashing into enemies with it equipped will inflict damage and a short-duration stun.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Grants 100 armor whilst held or 30 armor in stow
- Bursts are fired automatically without needing to click multiple times
- Adds damage and stun effect to dash
- Low max ammo capacity
- Reduces movement speed whilst held or in stow
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The 100 Armor bonus is strong early on, but don't let it lull you into a false sense of security. The loss of mobility is far more punishing in later levels, and can be deadly in situations where being able to maneuver is important (e.g. dodging homing projectiles, and most boss fights).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Alternating between shield bashes and using another weapon can be helpful for dealing with close range encounters where a quick stun is desirable.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is based on the SR-3 Vikhr, a Russian compact assault rifle.