The Pressurized Impaler is an unusual shotgun, in that it seems to use pressurized air to fire its projectiles. Unlike regular shotguns, it takes time to build up pressure before firing, at which point it can rapidly discharge its magazine. This gives it high burst damage output, but it quickly burns through its ammo reserve.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Power bolts deal high damage, pierce enemies, and inflicts slow
- Most accurate of all shotguns
- Generates no heat from firing shots
- Short delay before firing
- Quickly burns through its limited ammo
- Low ammo gain
- High recoil and low control makes continuous firing inaccurate
- Jamming is extremely dangerous; attempting to charge the weapon while jammed can cause multiple overheats within a short period of time
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Acquiring the Pressurized Impaler also unlocks special Accelerated Coil X1 ammo for the XM2 Coil Pistol and RRX Coil Shotgun.
- Heat generated by charging does not count toward the Backup Printer attachment.
- The Hair Trigger attachment does not appear to affect the weapon's firing behavior.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although the Pressurized Impaler is classified as a shotgun, it requires precise aim, much like Marksman weapons. The weapon may benefit from Rogue class modules such as Backstab, which increases the likelihood of one-shot kills.