The P9000 Supernova is a very fast-firing sub-machine gun that uses laser cells. The weapon's fire rate decreases as heat increases, thus requiring the player to shoot in controlled bursts.
The weapon comes with the Evolving Software, allowing it to gain small upgrades to damage, fire rate, deviation, and/or recoil/control upon teleporting to a new non-boss room; these upgrades are independent to those provided by upgrade kits or terminals, and appear to have no stacking limit.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Very high base fire rate provides powerful burst damage
- Default ammo pierces enemies
- Deals increased damage to shields
- Gains small stat increases upon entering a new non-boss room
- Very low heat generation
- High recoil during the first few seconds of firing
- High deviation
- Long eject and reload cycle
- Low max ammo
- Fire rate scales heavily with heat, slowing to a crawl even at moderate heat levels
- Low overall damage per projectile; struggles against armored enemies
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Starts at 0% heat, unlike most weapons which start at 10% heat
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Shock Impulse and Twin Link II items have short active durations, which complement the P9000's burst damage well, allowing large groups of enemies to be dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Anything that can reduce heat generation, such as the Reload Vent attachment or recycling the Refresher starter item will help maintain the P9000's high fire rate.
- The P9000 benefits the most from the Engineer's class talents, which grant 30% additional fire rate and 30% reduced heat generation for laser weapons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The P9000 is based off of the FN P90, a PDW designed and manufactured by FN Herstal in Belgium, known for its futuristic appearance.